Civic Technology Partner Manager
Rock the Vote is seeking a Civic Technology Partner Manager. This position will be a key member of Rock the Vote’s civic technology and data team, reporting to the Director of Civic Technology and Policy. The location for this role is flexible and will be remote during the pandemic.
The Civic Technology Partner Manager will be primarily responsible for facilitating partner recruitment, onboarding and usage of Rock the Vote’s cutting-edge civic technology. This position will collaborate with team members on various partner inquiries and requests and product development of our platforms, including online voter registration, absentee ballot requests, registration status lookups, ballot information, voting location lookups, P2P SMS, field canvassing, and more.
We are looking for candidates passionate about the role of technology in modernizing, streamlining, and scaling the civic process. The Civic Technology Partner Manager will help expand the reach of our technology platforms through strategic partnerships, providing product insights and recommendations to our team as Rock the Vote continues to develop trusted, innovative tools that empower and mobilize young voters.
Candidates must be eager to work in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment and balance and prioritize competing priorities. Must be able to periodically work long, irregular hours. This position requires an individual who can serve as a thought leader on the civic technology and data team and partner to the Director of Civic Technology and Policy.
- Manage relationships with civic technology partners, including ongoing partner support and onboarding new partners;
- Collaborate with team members responsible for corporate, sports, nonprofit and education partnerships to identify prospective partners and support recruitment, onboarding and usage of Rock the Vote’s civic technology;
- Identify and recommend product updates and features, based on partner and voter needs, to inform product roadmap;
- Proactively communicate product updates and features to civic technology partners;
- Develop one-pagers, presentations, and other marketing materials to support partner recruitment and further Rock the Vote’s reputation for cutting-edge civic technology;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Civic Technology and Policy.
- 2-3+ years of experience in an electoral, civic engagement, or political campaign;
- Experience with technology platforms, including client recruitment and/or success;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to distill complex information into easy-to-understand insights;
- Obsessive attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and processes;
- A demonstrated commitment to civic engagement and Rock the Vote’s mission.
- Understanding of civic technology and data, voting laws and/or election administration;
- Proficiency in macOS, Asana, Slack, WordPress, and G Suite.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary range is 50,000 – 65,000.
- Competitive benefits package covering 100% of employee medical, dental, and vision premiums, 100% of medical premiums for employee dependents, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, employer retirement contributions (Simple IRA), cell phone stipend, professional development opportunities, and generous paid time off, including paid family and medical leave.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Civic Technology Partner Manager”.
Rock the Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and persons from low-income and working-class backgrounds to apply.