Rock the Vote seeks a Digital Coordinator. This position will be a key member of Rock the Vote civic technology team and reports to the Digital Engagement Manager. The location for this role is flexible and will be remote during the pandemic.
The Digital Coordinator will be responsible for supporting engagement and mobilization of young voters through cutting-edge email, SMS, website content and related digital programs.
This position requires an individual who takes pride in execution and attention to detail and has a passion for cutting-edge email and SMS content. Candidates must be eager to work in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment, which could include long or irregular hours, with some weekend hours during busy times. Ability to balance and prioritize competing priorities.
- Develops copy for email, SMS, and related web content, including Rock the Vote’s nationwide election reminders program.
- Contributes to the planning and manages the upkeep of email and SMS calendar.
- Sets up all draft emails and draft SMS in-platform, including applying specific targeting, tracking, and layouts.
- Supports the testing and analysis of email and SMS programming.
- Keeps abreast of the latest email, SMS, and digital trends to inform program optimization and to aid internal knowledge sharing.
- Collaborates with the design and social media team on the development of visual assets for digital content, as needed.
- Organizes research to maximize Rock the Vote’s election reminders program, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Digital Engagement Manager.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write quality copy on deadline and adjust tone and style for different audiences.
- Proven time management skills, including the ability to balance competing priorities.
- A passion for cutting-edge digital content and Rock the Vote’s mission.
- Familiarity with voting laws and election administration.
- Experience working at nonprofits and/or political campaigns.
- Experience with NGP VAN, EveryAction, Mobile Commons or comparable platforms.
- Proficiency in Mac OS, Slack, Asana, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and/or Dropbox.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary range is $40,000-$50,000.
- Competitive benefits package covering 100% of employee medical, dental, and vision premiums, 100% of medical premiums for employee dependents, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, employer retirement contributions (Simple IRA), cell phone stipend, professional development opportunities, and generous paid time off, including paid family and medical leave.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Coordinator”.
Rock the Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and persons from low-income and working-class backgrounds to apply.