Director of Corporate Partnership
Rock the Vote seeks a Director of Corporate Partnerships. This position is part of the program team and reports to the VP of Programs. The position location is flexible, and will be remote during the pandemic.
The Director of Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for strategically advancing and managing Rock the Vote’s corporate program, Brands for Democracy, which currently boast approximately 40 partners. This includes maintaining and furthering a menu of partnership opportunities; producing marketing materials and events; pitching and onboarding new partners; managing and executing deliverables; and identifying creative ways to maximize sustainability and program growth to further Rock the Vote’s strategic goals.
The Director of Corporate Partnerships will play a key role as a member of the programs team in strategic brainstorming and advising as Rock the Vote continues to enhance its quality and superior programming, prioritizes sustainability, and maximizes reach and impact among strategic audiences.
Candidates must be eager to work in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment and able to balance and prioritize competing priorities. Must be able to periodically work long, irregular hours. This position requires an individual who can serve as a thought leader and partner to the VP of Programs.
- Collaborate with and provide high-level strategic advice to VP of Programs on corporate program development, including long-term strategy, growth, targeting, and opportunities.
- Direct and manage strategy, plans, metrics and execution of Brands for Democracy programming that currently includes approximately 40 companies
- Recruit and foster strategic brand partnerships that will further Rock the Vote’s mission and goals identifying and outlining activities, streamlining deliverables whenever applicable, and preparing partnership agreements
- Pro-actively manage ongoing communications with brands to coordinate deliverables, maximize opportunities, pivot as needed, evaluate and improve programming
- Oversee execution of agreement deliverables collaborating with team members and streamlining internal systems
- Collaborate with team members to further product and service portfolio and assets to strengthen and optimize brand partnerships, such as employee engagement opportunities
- Oversee creating and enhancing Brands for Democracy marketing assets to recruit new brands, articulate opportunities and resources, and demonstrate value add to corporate partners
- 6-8 years of experience in corporate social responsibility, corporate social impact, corporate marketing, business-to-business sales, corporate fundraising, or corporate partnerships
- Ability to serve as advisor to VP of Programs on all matters related to corporate partnership programming
- Proven and highly effective written and oral communication skills, with an ability to distill complex information into easy-to-understand messages under pressure.
- Results-focused and highly organized with attention to detail and
- Exceptional ability to prioritize opportunities, adapt to changing circumstances, and manage multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain relationships with various stakeholders and different personalities
- Ability to work independently, with a commitment to open and honest communication.
- Proven ability to evaluate and incorporate feedback from multiple sources into decision-making process
- Established project management experience with commitment to working collaboratively, transparently and in partnership with program directors and across the organization
- A demonstrated commitment to civic engagement, voting, social justice
- Fundraising or sales experience
- Familiarity with marketing research and analytics
- Experience directing or managing programs
- Previous nonprofit or political experience
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary range is $75,000 – $95,000
- Competitive benefits package covering 100% of employee medical, dental, and vision premiums, 100% of medical premiums for employee dependents, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, employer retirement contributions (Simple IRA), cell phone stipend, professional development opportunities, and generous paid time off, including paid family and medical leave.
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Corporate Partnerships”.
Rock the Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and persons from low-income and working-class backgrounds to apply.