Marketing and Analytics Internship
(Fall 2021, Remote)
Marketing and Analytics Internship (Fall 2021, Remote)
As the largest, most diverse generation in our country’s history, young people have more power than ever to decide our future. It’s Rock the Vote’s mission to ensure they exercise that power by participating in the democratic process – and we need your help! We are a 501(c)(3) organization based out of Washington, DC that is committed to voting rights and equal access for each American at the ballot box.
Rock the Vote is seeking a Marketing and Analytics Intern for Fall 2021. This position will play a key role in supporting Rock the Vote’s civic technology and data team, reporting to the Director of Civic Technology. The location for this role is flexible and will be remote during the pandemic.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool with experience/interest in the following areas:
- Voting rights and social justice issues
- Civic engagement and partnerships
- Web Design
- Data Management
- Marketing, Advertising, Analytics and SEO
- Campaigns and elections
The Marketing and Analytics Intern’s responsibilities will be developed based on their experience, interests, and organizational need, and may include any combination of the following:
- Help to develop Google search advertisements via Google adwords for nonprofits driving traffic to our website/civic technology tools each month;
- Utilize Google adwords/analytics/stats dashboards to evaluate how our advertisements are performing and recommend improvements;
- Developing and maintaining a variety of resources to engage and educate young people about elections and voting rights issues;
- Supporting the civic technology program by evaluating tools for needed improvements;
- Managing constituency communications, including fielding questions about registration and election deadlines and processes;
- Additional duties as needed.
Our ideal candidate is a top performer who brings high levels of energy and enthusiasm, works well independently and with diverse teams, and has a demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead projects. Qualifications should include:
- strong background in marketing, esp. digital marketing or advertising;
- knowledge of SEO and/or copywriting for web;
- comfortable using Google adwords/analytics/stats dashboards to understand how our ads are performing;
- comfortable learning new software programs.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- High level of comfort with technology platforms & proven ability to quickly learn/understand/communicate about new platforms.
- Leadership and achievement in academic, professional, extracurricular, or volunteer settings;
- The ability to work effectively with diverse team members and communities;
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, fast learner, and can multitask;
- Good humored, independent, and flexible (creativity helps too!);
- An affinity for youth civic engagement;
- Passionate about Rock the Vote’s mission and goals.
In your application, please make a special note if you have experience with:
- Google Adwords
- Marketing and/or SEO
- Web Design and/or copywriting for web
- Elections and/or campaigns;
- Research and/or policy;
- Developing and/or setting up new projects and programs;
Hours and Compensation:
Interns will work between 10 and 29 per week and will be paid Washington, DC’s hourly minimum wage ($15.20/hour at the time of this listing).
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, 2-3 references, and responses to the questions below. Please include “Marketing and Analytics 2021 Intern” in the subject line.
Questions for Intern Applicants:
- What issues are you most passionate about?
- Please list your top 3 relevant experiences connected to leadership, civic engagement, voting rights, and/or nonprofit work.
- Tell us the story of voting in your first election. Haven’t voted yet? Tell us what you’re looking forward to when you vote for the first time.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of the organization will be considered applicants and receive responses from Rock the Vote.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Rock the Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and students from low-income and working-class backgrounds to apply.