Senior Data Manager
Rock the Vote is seeking a Senior Data Manager. This position will be a key member of Rock the Vote’s civic technology and data team, reporting to the Director of Civic Technology and Policy. The location for this role is flexible and will be remote during the pandemic.
The Senior Data Manager will help define and track key performance indicators to inform strategic decision-making about our programs, campaigns, outreach, and resources as Rock the Vote continues to develop trusted, innovative tools to empower and mobilize young voters. This role will be primarily responsible for Rock the Vote’s data management and analysis practices, with a particular focus on the data used to power our website, civic technology, and digital voter outreach. This role will manage data providers, data sourcing and collection, identify and facilitate opportunities for program testing and evaluation, and analyze and report on data collected by our digital platforms and resources.
We’re looking for candidates passionate about data and technology’s role in modernizing, streamlining, and scaling the civic process. The Senior Data Manager will help strengthen and expand Rock the Vote’s data-informed approach to program and product updates.
Candidates must be eager to work in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment and able to balance and prioritize competing priorities. Must be able to periodically work long, irregular hours. This position requires an individual who can serve as a thought leader on the civic technology and data team and partner to the Director of Civic Technology and Policy.
- Continuously improve the integration, coordination, and management of data across the organization, including implementing standards for data acquisition and storage, quality control to ensure data integrity, and processes for data analysis and reporting.
- Source, quality check, and monitor data used to power Rock the Vote’s civic technology platforms, including ballot data, election dates and deadlines, and voting policies.
- Conduct timely and relevant data tracking, analysis, and reporting to ensure Rock the Vote team members take a data-informed approach to their programs, including:
- Working closely with Civic Technology Product Manager to oversee the testing, optimization, and impact of Rock the Vote’s civic technology platforms.
- Working closely with Digital Engagement Manager to evaluate, test, and optimize email, SMS, and website programming.
- Working closely with Civic Technology Partner Manager to track and report data collected through civic technology tools licensed by partners, and to generate reports as needed for partner data-sharing agreements.
- Proactively communicate data insights to other Rock the Vote team members; support the development of related fundraising and marketing materials, partner reporting, and other forms of cross-team collaboration as needed.
- Manage all day-to-day administrative data functions, including research/maintenance, analysis, and reporting.
- Improve and ensure the security and integrity of the organization’s data assets across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Civic Technology and Policy.
- 3-5+ years of experience providing data analysis and support in an electoral, civic engagement, or political campaign setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to distill complex data into easy-to-understand insights for non-technical audiences.
- Experience with data reporting, visualization, and management (Tableau, SQL, etc.).
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large datasets, including statistical analysis.
- Understanding of civic data, voting laws, and election administration processes.
- Experience with Catalist or other commercial voter file vendors.
- Experience or familiarity with A/B testing methodologies.
- Experience working in collaboration with program and product leadership.
- Obsessive attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new data sets, technology, and processes.
- A demonstrated commitment to civic engagement and Rock the Vote’s mission.
- Demonstrated track record building data systems and processes for fast-growing organizations.
- Understanding of web and product analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Crazy Egg, Inspectlet, etc.).
- Understanding of user segmentation, cohort analyses, and funnel optimization.
- Marketing domain knowledge, including an understanding of paid ads.
- Experience with online electoral, advocacy, and CRM tools.
- Proficiency in macOS, Asana, Slack, and G Suite.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary range is 60,000 – 75,000.
- Competitive benefits package covering 100% of employee medical, dental, and vision premiums, 100% of medical premiums for employee dependents, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, employer retirement contributions (Simple IRA), cell phone stipend, professional development opportunities, and generous paid time off, including paid family and medical leave.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Data Manager.”
Rock the Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and persons from low-income and working-class backgrounds to apply.