Strategic Partnerships Internship
(Fall 2021, Remote)
Strategic Partnerships Internship (Fall 2021, Remote)
As the largest, most diverse generation in our country’s history, young people have more power than ever to decide our future. It’s Rock the Vote’s mission to ensure they exercise that power by participating in the democratic process – and we need your help! We are a 501(c)(3) organization based out of Washington, DC that is committed to voting rights and equal access for each American at the ballot box.
Brands for Democracy is a nonpartisan effort that brings companies together and supports their efforts to empower employees and customers to take civic action.
Athletes Rock the Vote is a nonpartisan effort aimed at giving athletes and their fans everything they need to fully participate in all elections. From clear, accurate information about voter registration rules, to powerful, easy-to-use online tools and resources, Athletes Rock the Vote is made to meet the moment we are in.
Rock the Vote is seeking a Strategic Partnerships Intern for Fall 2021. This position will be a key supporting member of Rock the Vote’s partnerships team, which includes Brands for Democracy and Athletes Rock the Vote. The Strategic Partnerships Intern will be reporting to the Senior Manager of Sports Partnerships. The location for this role is flexible and will be remote during the pandemic.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool with experience/interest in any of the following areas:
- Research and public policy
- Voting Rights and social justice advocacy in sports
- Corporate social responsibility and corporate social impact
- Civic engagement and partnerships
- Social media, marketing, and events
- Campaigns and elections
The Strategic Partnerships Intern’s responsibilities will be developed based on their experience, interests, and organizational need, and may include any combination of the following:
- Supporting Brands and Athletes partnership outreach efforts, including contact tracking, talent goals development, and program planning and execution;
- Develop creative activations, programs, events, and calls-to-action that support Rock the Vote’s mission and align with partners’ audience and goals;
- Researching and reporting on relevant moments, issues, and movements that align with our mission and partnership goals
- Drafting explainers, toolkits, press releases, statements, emails, fact sheets, and press kit materials to support partner activations;
- Attending and reporting on virtual hearings, webinars, and briefings;
- Developing and maintaining a variety of resources to engage and educate young people and athletes about elections and voting rights issues;
- Managing constituency and partner communications, including fielding questions about registration and election deadlines and processes;
- Additional duties as needed.
Our ideal candidate is a top performer who brings high levels of energy and enthusiasm, works well independently and with diverse teams, and has a demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead projects. Qualifications should include:
- Strong research and organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite; particularly, Excel or Sheets;
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Familiarity with legislative documents, government websites and terms, such as municipal codes, state laws, and identifying relevant statutes and policies
- Leadership and achievement in academic, professional, extracurricular, or volunteer settings;
- The ability to work effectively with diverse team members and communities;
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, fast learner, and can multitask;
- Good humored, independent, and flexible (creativity helps too!);
- An affinity for youth civic engagement;
- Passionate about Rock the Vote’s mission and goals.
In your application, please make a special note if you have experience with:
- Elections and/or campaigns;
- Research and/or policy;
- Social media and/or communications;
- Developing and/or setting up new projects and programs;
Hours and Compensation:
Interns will work up to 30 hours per week and will be paid Washington, DC’s hourly minimum wage ($15.20/hour at the time of this listing).
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, 2-3 references, and responses to the questions below. Please include “Strategic Partnerships 2021 Intern” in the subject line.
Questions for Intern Applicants:
- Why do you think that brands and sports partners are social justice and civic leaders?
- Please list your top 3 relevant experiences connected to leadership, civic engagement, voting rights, and/or nonprofit work.
- Tell us the story of voting in your first election. Haven’t voted yet? Tell us what you’re looking forward to when you vote for the first time.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of the organization will be considered applicants and receive responses from Rock the Vote.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Rock the Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and students from low-income and working-class backgrounds to apply.