Data and Research Associate
Rock the Vote is seeking a Data and Research Associate to support our efforts to engage young voters through election reminders, cutting-edge technology, and digital voter registration and mobilization. This is an onsite position based in Washington, DC.
The Data and Research Associate will be a key member of Rock the Vote’s civic technology team and provide assistance across multiple program areas. This position reports to the Associate Director of Civic Technology and Policy.
- Draft content for Rock the Vote’s nationwide email and SMS election reminders program, ensuring detail and accuracy in all messaging;
- Maintain Rock the Vote’s database for election dates & deadlines by researching and compiling data for all upcoming national, state, and local elections;
- Maintain up-to-date research on state voting laws and update Rock the Vote’s website to ensure it always includes relevant and accurate information;
- Coordinate with national, state, and local partners to optimize Rock the Vote’s election reminders messaging;
- Ensure Rock the Vote’s technology and programs are compliant with election laws;
- Support the onboarding and day-to-day management of interns;
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Civic Technology and Policy.
- Obsessive attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills;
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and processes;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to distill complex information into easy-to-understand insights;
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment;
- A demonstrated commitment to civic engagement and Rock the Vote’s mission.
- Background in election administration, voting rights, and/or civic technology;
- Familiarity with EveryAction, Mobile Commons, and/or comparable platforms;
- Familiarity with Catalist or other commercial voter file vendors;
- Familiarity with macOS, Asana, Slack, WordPress, and/or G Suite.
How To Apply
Send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data and Research Associate.”
Employment Type & Benefits
This is a full-time position with a 1-year contract, with the opportunity for renewal. Rock the Vote offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% employer-paid premiums; SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan; cell phone stipend; employer-paid group life insurance; vacation and sick leave policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rock the Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and persons from low-income and working-class backgrounds to apply.