Rock the Vote seeks a Director of Corporate Partnerships to join our team in either Washington, DC or Los Angeles, CA to manage our corporate partnership efforts. This is an onsite position open immediately.
The Director of Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for strategically advancing and managing Rock the Vote’s corporate program,including developing a menu of partnership opportunities, producing marketing materials and events, creating a task force of leading companies, onboarding new partners, drafting partnership agreements, managing deliverables and identifying creative ways to maximize growth and sustainability through corporate partnerships. This position reports directly to the president/executive director.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about our mission and the role companies can play in civic and social impact, and who is a proactive, detail-oriented team player.
Develop and manage a taskforce of leading companies dedicated to creating a culture of civic engagement to reach young people where they are in their everyday lives.
Strategically advance current corporate program to scale and maximize impact and brand value for participating companies, while expanding number of participating companies.
Further develop product and service portfolio to support brand partnerships, while streamlining internal systems to optimize growth potential.
Create marketing assets aimed at two key objectives: to recruit new brands to the program and to add brand value for participating companies.
Onboard new partners and develop strategic partnership agreements that will further Rock the Vote’s mission and goals, maximizing streamlined deliverables whenever possible.
Pro-actively manage ongoing communications with brand partners and oversee execution of agreement deliverables. Collaborate with partners to continuously gather and incorporate feedback to improve program execution and outcomes.
Develop evaluation reports for brand partners to track impact and make recommendations for future partnerships.
Direct and manage convenings and events aimed at building awareness about Rock the Vote’s corporate program and youth research, recruiting new partners, and deepening relationships while creating new opportunities for existing partners.
Strategically build on momentum among companies to give employees time off to vote by launching a public initiative that promotes participation across a diverse set of industries, geographies and company sizes, includes an accountability component for companies, and provides them with information and resources to execute their plans.
Develop marketing assets aimed at two key objectives: to recruit companies to give time off to employees to vote and to add brand value for participating companies.
Collaborate with and provide high-level strategic advice to president/executive director on program development, including long-term strategy and growth, targeting, and opportunities.
- 5-7 years experience in a fast-pace, innovative environment
- 1-2 years experience with corporate marketing, social impact/responsibility, corporate fundraising, or sales
- Exceptional ability to prioritize opportunities for maximum impact
- Proven ability to evaluate and incorporate feedback from multiple sources to further shared priorities
- Experience incorporating research into decision-making process
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to apply unconventional solutions and ideas when applicable
- Ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines and adjust when directions shift
- Flexible, poised-under pressure attitude
- Results-focused and highly organized with attention to detail
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently
Special consideration will be given to candidates that additionally demonstrate
- Previous nonprofit or political experience
- Fundraising or sales experience
- Familiarity with marketing research and analytics
- Event production experience
- An interest in voting, advocacy, social justice or politics
Compensation: Salary negotiable based on background and experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision and a simple IRA. Full-time regular position, overtime exempt.
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements or history and at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Corporate Partnerships”.
Rock the Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and persons from low-income and working class backgrounds to apply.