Rock the Vote is seeking a Technology and Policy Associate to support our efforts to engage young voters through cutting-edge technology, digital voter registration and mobilization, and voting rights advocacy. This is an onsite position based in Washington, DC.
The Technology and Policy Associate will be a key member of Rock the Vote’s civic technology and policy team and provide assistance across multiple program areas. This position reports to the Associate Director of Civic Technology and Policy.
- Execute and expand Rock the Vote’s nationwide email and SMS election reminders program, including ongoing testing and optimization for engagement and performance;
- Research and compile data on all upcoming national, state, and local elections;
- Provide timely support and training to partners on Rock the Vote’s technology and programs, including the development of how-to guides and hosting training webinars;
- Draft action alerts, blog posts, and other editorial content to mobilize Rock the Vote’s audience on voting rights issues;
- Actively recruit new partners to utilize Rock the Vote’s civic technology, including serving as a representative and supporting partner outreach as needed;
- Maintain up-to-date research on state voting laws and update Rock the Vote’s website to ensure it always includes relevant and accurate information;
- Research election laws across the country to ensure Rock the Vote’s technology and programs are accurate and compliant;
- Represent Rock the Vote at voting rights and civic engagement coalition meetings;
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Civic Technology and Policy.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and processes;
- Obsessive attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment;
- A demonstrated commitment to civic engagement and Rock the Vote’s mission.
- Background in election administration, voting rights, and/or civic technology;
- Familiarity with EveryAction, Mobile Commons, and/or comparable platforms;
- Familiarity with Catalist or other commercial voter file vendors;
- Familiarity with Asana, Slack, WordPress, and/or G Suite.
How to Apply:
Send a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com with the subject line “Technology and Policy Associate.”
Employment Type & Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Rock the Vote offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% employer-paid premiums; SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan; cell phone stipend; employer-paid group life insurance; vacation and sick leave policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Rock the Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and persons from low-income and working-class backgrounds to apply.