Civic Technology Fellow
Rock the Vote seeks a Civic Technology Fellow. This position will be a key member of Rock the Vote’s civic technology and data team, reporting to the Director of Civic Technology and Policy. The location for this role is flexible and will be remote.
The Civic Technology Fellow will help strengthen and expand Rock the Vote’s portfolio of digital resources for voters, including our website, civic technology, and digital voter outreach programs.
We’re looking for candidates passionate about technology’s role in modernizing, streamlining, and scaling the civic process. This position requires an individual who takes pride in execution and attention to detail, works well independently and with diverse teams, and has a demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead projects.
- Conduct research and testing to maintain and update Rock the Vote’s suite of civic technology tools;
- Support partner recruitment, onboarding, and usage of Rock the Vote’s civic technology;
- Oversee the upkeep of email and SMS calendar, including organizing related research about election dates and deadlines;
- Analyze and report on data collected by our digital platforms and resources;
- Identify and support opportunities for program testing and evaluation;
- Draft copy for email, SMS, and related web content as needed, including Rock the Vote’s nationwide election reminders program;
- Identify and recommend improvements to Rock the Vote’s digital resources, based on voter, partner, and organizational needs.
- Professional and/or academic experience in research, policy, voter engagement, and/or elections;
- Demonstrated experience using and learning new technology platforms;
- Obsessive attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to distill complex information into easy-to-understand insights;
- A demonstrated commitment to civic engagement and Rock the Vote’s mission.
- Knowledge of civic technology and data, voting laws and/or election administration;
- Proficiency in Airtable, macOS, Asana, Slack, WordPress, and G Suite;
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, CSS, or email/SMS platforms.
The Civic Technology Fellow is a part-time position and will be paid $23/hour.
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references. Please include “Civic Technology Fellow” in the subject line.